At long last, our 2021 book, Rails to Trails: Rochester Junction Then and Now by Diane Ham & Charles Woolever is available for purchase. It’s a beautiful 182-page softcover book with 127 photos, 51 color pages, 7 informative maps, and a full index. Proceeds benefit The Mendon Foundation.
In the works for almost a year, and with contributions from many people in our community, this is the first book about the history of Rochester Junction ever published. The book chronicles the Junction’s days as a key stop on the Lehigh Valley Railroad, through its conversion to a rail-trail by the Mendon Foundation and Monroe County Parks in the present day.
Have a look inside:
The book (retail price: $20) is available at our eBay store as well as at the following locations, who have graciously agreed to have a limited number of copies on hand to sell at any given time:
- The Honeoye Falls – Town of Mendon Historical Society Museum at Harry Allen Park in the Village of Honeoye Falls, NY during Sunday hours (2-4pm).
- The New York Museum of Transportation in Rush, NY during Sunday hours (11am-4pm).
- The Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum in Industry, NY during normal operating hours (closed until April, 2022).
- The Mendon Town Hall in the Village of Honeoye Falls during normal business hours.
- You may also send a MONEY ORDER (no checks!) WITH YOUR ADDRESS for $24 dollars ($20 + $4 shipping) to Mendon Foundation Inc, PO Box 231, Mendon NY 14506.