There are many ways to contribute to The Mendon Foundation, and your contribution is essential to keeping green areas around for future generations. Green space is essential for recharging our aquifers, preventing pollution of surface and ground waters, filtering sediments, limiting air pollution, and maintaining wildlife habitat and other natural systems. Open space preserves our heritage. When we maintain open land we sustain our natural environment of forests, prairies, mountains, rivers, beaches, farmland, etc. that have uniquely shaped the character of our country and its people. Open space creates economic activity from the productive use of lands for recreation and tourism, agriculture, and forestry. Open space helps state and local governments work efficiently. Preserving open space means that government services will be better focused, tax dollars will be saved and vital productive resources will be saved for the future.
The Mendon Foundation is supported 100% by voluntary donations. Please note that we are not a “foundation” in the traditional sense of the term; all donations go directly to maintaining the open spaces under our purview. We do not receive any money from the Town, County, or State. Please read the 2021 President’s Letter for more information about why your donation matters so much to our community.
This is our 2021 fundraising thermometer, which starts with donations made at the end of 2020. Standard donations are marked using green; Black Diamond Express Race registration income is marked using red; and Black Diamond Express Race additional donations are marked using orange.
As of September 27, 2022, we have raised $27,286. That’s 91% of our $30,000 goal for our 2021 donation cycle. Only you can help us get there!
See the seven easy ways to contribute below!
1. First, you may donate to us at any time via PayPal:
2. Donate to us on our Facebook page:
3. Donate using DAF Direct
If you manage your nonprofit giving through Schwab Charitable, Fidelity Charitable, or BNY Mellon, please donate using the form below. For more information, see the DAF Direct website.
4. If you prefer to send a check, please download our printable map & donation form:
5. You may also register The Mendon Foundation as your charity of choice on AmazonSmile, then shop Amazon as you normally would. Amazon will donate 0.5% of the eligible purchase price back to us.
6. Buy the new Rails to Trails: Rochester Junction Then & Now book from Diane Ham & Charles Woolever on our eBay store!
7. You can buy our famous UNLEASH t-shirts and more at our Cafe Press store!
8. Last, but certainly not least, you may run our annual Black Diamond Express Half Marathon or 5K:
Please visit our GuideStar profile for more information on our organization and its finances. We are proud to display our GuideStar Gold Seal of Transparency.