Spring is right around the corner! We are proud to announce that the 10th annual Black Diamond Express Trail Races, to be held on Sunday, August 29, 2021, are open for registration.
We are more confident than ever that we can resume in-person races this year, and we can tell that you are already excited…you know why? As of March 15th, 59 people are already registered, which is an early registration record. You can tell that everybody really wants to run an in-person race this year!
Here are some neat highlights of this year’s race:
- Our 5K has been honored with continued inclusion in the Greater Rochester Track Club’s Rochester Runner of the Year series (https://rochesterrunneroftheyear.org/)!
- FAQ Page – Our FAQ page for all participants ( new in 2020) is back and better than ever (https://www.blackdiamondexpressraces.org/FAQ.html).
- We are continuing CASH PRIZES for the Half Marathon leaders: $300 to the male and female winners; $100 to the male and female 2nd place runners!
- We are also continuing GIFT CERTIFICATES for the 5K leaders.
- Virtual race options are still available, for those who can’t make it on Race Day.
As always, proceeds from the race help the Mendon Foundation with its continuing work maintaining open public spaces throughout Mendon, including the Lehigh Valley Trail.
Drew, we’ve been thankful to have you in our past races, and we are hoping that you will be able to run this year. For more information, please be sure to visit http://www.blackdiamondexpressraces.org/
Our prices for 2021 remain the same: Until the end of May 2021, the entry fee is $50 (Half Marathon) or $25 (5K). A full list of price increases is available on the registration forms linked from http://www.blackdiamondexpressraces.org/, but register early for the best price!
As always, there are two ways to register:
- Online, at https://runsignup.com/Race/NY/Mendon/BlackDiamondExpress ($2.50/$3.00 SignUp fee)
- With a traditional paper form (coming soon).
Thank you for your continued support of the Mendon Foundation! We look forward to you attending this year’s event! Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.